Michigan: The United States first line of defense from the Canadians. So how do they do it? With really amusing city and state laws. For instance:
* A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
* There is a 10 cent bounty for each rat’s head brought into a town office.
* It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house.
* You may not swear in front of women and children in the state of Michigan.
* Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony. I know a man at work that bought his first gun on layaway … at age 13!!!
Clawson: There is a law that makes it legal for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens.
Grand Haven: No person shall throw an abandoned hoop skirt into any street or on any sidewalk, under penalty of a five- dollar fine for each offense.
Harper Woods: It is illegal to paint sparrows to sell them as parakeets.
Rochester: All bathing suits must have been inspected by the head of police.
Soo: Smoking while in bed is illegal. Those crazy, smokin’ Yoopers, eh?
Wayland: Anyone can keep their cow on Main Street downtown at a cost of 3 cents per day.